Friday, January 28, 2011

upcoming reviews (because I have nothing better to do apparently)

I've decided to expand this current stretch of science fiction reviews. Except to see reviews of the following in the next three weeks or so:

2001: a Space Odyssey
Metropolis
(1984 version)
Robot Monster

Stalker
(this one might take me a while...)

On top of that, I've decided to set my sights on underappreciated directors and their films. My first director in this tentative series: Michele Soavi! On top of my review for The Church, I'll be digging in to Stage Fright and The Devil's Daughter. I know what you're thinking...what about Cemetery Man! Jackass!!!

First of all, whether or not I'm a jackass is frankly none of your business. Second, there are a gazillion reviews of Cemetery Man on horror and cult blogs, and as Michele is mostly known as the dude who made Cemetery Man, I wanted to concentrate on some of his other stuff. Also, shut up.

On top of that, I will concentrate on ski horror films toward the end of February. We're talking Frozen, as part of Stacie Ponder's Final Girl Film Club, as well as Blood Tracks, Satan's Blade, and Iced. Where else can you get an (almost) complete retrospective on the ski-horror genre? PROBABLY NO PLACE! Then again, no one has ever wanted a ski-horror retrospective, but maybe people didn't want it because they couldn't imagine that someone would even bother.

On top of that, expect to see a review of Scott Pilgrim vs. the World at some point, and maybe another newish film or two. Hopefully sticking my neck out will help me to actually finish this stuff and get it posted. Who am I kidding, this is all probably destined to fail. Maybe I would be more successful in life if I didn't continually cut myself down. I guess I'm my own drunk heckler. Now, please...please...shut the fuck up. I'm on stage over here.



No comments:

Post a Comment