Thursday, April 21, 2011

reviews for movies not on IMDB

So, I'm still futzing around with the design over here. I gave up on the labels thing, and just added to the "features" list on the left. One such feature is what I like to call "Not on IMDB", which means a review for a movie that wasn't listed on IMDB at the time of writing (please e-mail me with a question if this still confounds you). I don't care if the movie is eventually listed. If it gets tagged as "not on IMDB", there it shall stay, because I got there first. As far as I'm concerned, I achieved victory and it's time to move on (the contest being a sad brand of hipsterism dealing with finding things that are ultra obscure).

Here are the "Not on IMDB" reviews so far, and I got a couple more on the horizon (it's a pretty limited genre, as you might imagine, considering what a thorough and cavernous beast Mr. IMDB is).

THE CRAZY NEVER DIE!

TAINTLIGHT
TAINTED IMAGE
A DOZEN WAYS TO DIE

Notice that the movies begin with either the word "taint" or end with the word "die". Weird. It all seems Freudian somehow. Anyway, here's Girlschool performing a cover of T. Rex's "20th Century Boy" for no reason whatsoever. Oh yeah...it rocks. That's a reason I guess.



3 comments:

  1. The Taint That Wouldn't Die!

    I've watched that clip from "Tainted Image" a couple of time now, and I must say, I'm intrigued as all get out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Yum
    Stay away! That video is the best parts of the movie. Trust me.

    Taint That Wouldn't Die! is a pretty menacing title, but, on reflection, I thought taints were pretty much invincible as a matter of course. Have you ever heard of a taint funeral? I rest my case.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I shall heed your warning, Mr. Duke.

    It's a shame, though. I mean, that cemetery scene is the off the hook in terms of off-kilter creepiness.

    Oh, and Shayne Farris from Vicious Lips left a comment on my Vicious Lips entry.

    ReplyDelete