Saturday, July 21, 2012

SMILEY FACE (2007) - GIFs


Gregg Araki's Smiley Face is not just another stupid stoner comedy, but maybe a smarter indie version of Harold and Kumar Go To White Castle.  Admittedly, the line between smart and stupid in a stoner comedy is thinner than Kate Moss right after a bulimia contest, so trying to explain why is futile.  I'll just say I thought it was pretty damn funny.  Anna Faris is pretty much perfect in the role.  I mean, I really thought she was stoned the entire time!  And I don't mean mildly stoned...we're talkin' extreme bakage here folks.  That's acting.

Now, if Anna tried to sidestep a difficult acting job by actually being that stoned the entire time, then she deserves mad kudos for remembering her lines.  I know what you're thinking; nobody says "mad kudos"...the saying is "mad props", you moron.  Well, asshole, I think "mad kudos" has a better ring to it.  So sue me.

Anyway, here are two GIFs of Anna that I made:







2 comments:

  1. Help me, I can't stop watching those gifs.

    Mad kudos for being able to capture the appeal of this motion picture so succinctly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Yum
    Glad you enjoy 'em.

    Just making sure you were aware of it. With the generic cover, I had no idea Araki made this movie until I listened to an interview with him and he was talking about it so I slapped on the queue yo.

    ReplyDelete